Football Tennis – Set up to provide our players with the opportunity to improve their technical skills and to experience a competitive environment. The tournament will follow government guidelines with regards to social distancing measures.
Although the winner will receive a trophy for their efforts, the most important thing here is to be involved, to try and improve and have fun.
Good luck to everyone involved.
- 3 touches (unlimited 2011 and below)
- Best of 5 sets
- First to 11 points (must win by 2 clear points)
- Rock, paper, scissors to determine who chooses to serve first and what end they start
- 5 serves per player before swapping serves
- 2nd serves and lets (as per tennis rules included)
- Serve with a volley or half volley from behind the base line
- You cannot touch the net (point to opposing player)
- Only one bounce is allowed at any time (2003-06 & 2007/08)
- One bounce between every touch (2009/10 & below)
- Parent to referee each line (diagonally apart)
- Winner progresses
- HAVE FUN!!!!!
This time around we have a round-robin format with each player playing everyone once. This format is slightly different with a maximum of 3 touches.
Can anyone defeat the previous champion Calum Peddie?
Congratulations to Liam Kennedy, defeating Cameron Murray in the previous final!!!
With Liam on holiday, who will take the crown this time around? With a maximum of 3 touches we expect to see a completely different game.
Congratulations to Keir McMeekin, defeating Calum Murray in the final!!!
Can anyone beat Keir this time around? With a maximum of 3 touches, it is a different game.